I'm paying much more attention to whether I live my life as fully as I can because I realized that I've been letting days pass by just like that for too long. Without significance, just rushing through time. Maybe you notice it, too, and would like to change something about that mindset as you go through your day.
Based on this guide to living your life consciously from Zen Habits, I personally, honestly answered these following questions in ways that made me realize that, no, I'm not living consciously like I should.
01. Are you working in a job that you accepted or fell into rather than the job you actually want?
I'm actually positive that I picked a subject to study in college for that I love and I think fits me pretty well. And my first part-time job was definitely something I fell into but I quit to do something I enjoy much more.
02. Are you actually doing what you love to do?
03. Are you spending your time doing busy work rather than what you actually feel like doing with your days?
04. Do you wish you could spend more time with your loved ones?
05. Do you find yourself overweight because you’ve been eating the food you’ve been eating for years and stuck in a rut of not exercising?
06. Do you find yourself living from paycheck to paycheck or in debt, not knowing where your money goes?
07. Do you find yourself wasting your time doing things that aren’t important rather than focusing on completing the things that are very important?
08. Do you go through your days not thinking about what you want out of life and how to get it?
How did you answer these questions? Comment below, I'd love to hear your answers!
Hope you have a lovely week ahead. Stay tuned for my next post on living consciously, on how to actually live consciously!
Until then - stay present,